http://www.videojs.com looks nice. Let's play
[[ http://tools.wmflabs.org/hartman/mediawiki-dev/index.php?title=Player_demo | Get your demo here ! ]]
 "Small thumbnail" mode T133500
- Use cases: Category pages, galleries, small thumbnail sizes.
- Currently (Kaltura mode) opens these in a dialog.
 Smaller "play"button in case of small thumbnails?
 Future options:
- Open in dialog with OOjs UI
- Or; Add support in MediaViewer
 Support for audio player
[x] We need a separate skin mode for audio player
[x] The skin needs to be better sizable to small sizes
 We need support for audio captioning
 Fix rendering of slider in small player (video.js error about number of elements in controls)
 Iframe embed support
- Doesn't work. <https://test2.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Arborophila_brunneopectus_pair_feeding_-_Kaeng_Krachan.ogv&embedplayer=yes>.
- Height is broken on embedded player when using video.js.
- Advertise it on regular usage. Perhaps via plugin that adds an embed code panel: https://github.com/guardian/videojs-embed
 Subtitle support
[x] T116154 Add support to WebVTT. See also [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TimedMediaHandler/TimedTextRework | TimedText rework ]]
 Convert SRT to VTT from API (T111552) – using <https://github.com/captioning/captioning>
 Fallback for Grade C browsers that don't support HTML5
- Kultura outputs an `<img>` with a download link. JS converts it to `<video>`.
- We can probably add this fallback content to `<video>` which (by design) is ignored in modern browsers.
[x] link to file description page T132493
[x] Loading i18n files
- Needs RL'ifying
[x] Multi resolution support:
- https://github.com/kmoskwiak/videojs-resolution-switcher ( VideoJS 5+ support and greater support over deciding resoulutions. )
- Mostly done.
- Our labels/resolutions is different from how it is encoded in this plugin. Make this configurable inisde that plugin ?
- currently blocked on https://github.com/brion/ogv.js/issues/334
- https://github.com/streamroot/videojs-quality-picker might be a cleaner alternative ?
[x] play button on centre of player
- we won't do this, because for mwembed there is a request to have it off-center
[x] start from offset (slightly broken in multiple videos per page)
[x] Doing this with native media fragments
[x] Needs ogv.js support [[ https://github.com/brion/ogv.js/issues/381 | Upstream ticket ]]
[x] Add ogv.js tech plugin to Video.js
Enhancements Kultura had
TODO: create new tasks after Video.js becomes default
 Make default resolution based on both thumbnail size + device pixel ratio (currently, only based on thumb size)
 Remember user resolution override
 Remember user last selected volume level <https://github.com/theonion/videojs-persistvolume>
 Add a download button? (Native context menu "Save as.." might suffice, also download link exists on File info page)
 End card showing title, author, etc (MediaViewer / Commons meta data) – <http://theonion.github.io/videojs-endcard/>
Ideas for later
 Related videos
[x] Replay button [[ https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/286761/ | ChangeID ]]
 [[ http://stackoverflow.com/a/31570243 | Airplay ]] and [[ https://github.com/benjipott/video.js-chromecast | Chromecast ]] support
 Poster for audio files (to essentially support adding audio underneath a thumbnail, e.g. in the infobox of a bird!)
 Separate TMH playback technology so that Score extension can re-use the client-side player + maybe transcoding.