Put in place the changes to the beta preferences that will let users opt in to the "New Filters for Edit Review" beta on both ORES and non-ORES wikis. This ticket is about implementing the plan that we came up with in T158004.
=Opting in via the beta preferences page=
There will be a new option on the beta preferences page for "New filters for edit review"
- Selecting this option turns on the new filtering interface for RC Page ( and then for other review pages as they come on line).
- Existing ORES beta users will automatically be opted in to the "New filters" beta.
- On ORES wikis, "New filters" users will get the ORES filters as part of the new interface package automatically.
- On non-ORES wikis, "New filters" users will get the non-ORES filters only. At such time as ORES is enabled on a given wiki, the new ORES filters will automatically be displayed for all "New filters" users on the pages for which the new filters have been implemented.
- Find the new opt-in text at T149385, under "Beta preferences opt-in text." There are two versions of the text: one for ORES wikis, one for non-ORES.
- The description will include a link to the Recent Changes page.
- On ORES wikis, the description will also include a link to the [[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Objective_Revision_Evaluation_Service | main ORES page on Meta ]],
- The "Information" link (see design below) will go to the [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Edit_Review_Improvements/Filters_for_Special:Recent_Changes | Mediawiki page for RC Filters ]]
- The "Discussion" link will go to the [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Edit_Review_Improvements/Filters_for_Special:Recent_Changes | RC Filters Talk page ]].
- A new graphical icon has been designed for the beta opt-in -- see a a screenshot below.