We currently treat video and audio content like images, which is not ideal for Flow, mobile and offline dumps.
We need to
- get information about something being an audio or video file from the API
- develop a spec that makes sense in HTML5 (likely using video/audio tags instead of ing)
- Proposal: https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Specs/HTML/1.2.1
- HTML5 video elements: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/HTML/Element/video
- HTML5 audio elements: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/audio
- Note that audio does not support width/height attributes...
To make this directly useful for page views we might also need to integrate with https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TimedMediaHandler, ideally using client-side JS code.