T286466 introduced a new "Contribute" item within Minerva Neue's navigation menu.
This task involves the work with implementing the instrumentation required to evaluate how people engage with this new "Contribute" menu item – and the contribution types that appear within it – in ways that enable us answer the `=== Research questions` listed below.
=== Research questions
//The research questions below are !!copied from T332059!!.//
|1.|When people open the "Contribute" menu, do they find what they expect
|2.|When people tap on something within the "Contribute" menu, does it do what they expected?
| 3.| Who is accessing/using the new "Contribute" menu?
|4.| Are people using this menu to publish edits that wikis value?
|5.| //[optional] How does the rate at which people complete edits through the "Contribute" menu compare to the rates of other entry points? [i]//
NOTE: the work to report on/answer research questions will happen in T332059.
=== Instrumentation requirements
=== Open question(s)
- [ ] 1. What team (Editing/Language/Web) will assume responsibility for **implementing instrumentation**?
- [ ] 2. What team (Editing/Language/Web) will assume responsibility for **verifying instrumentation is logged as expected on //client//**?
- [ ] 3. Who will assume responsibility for **verifying instrumentation is logged as expected on //server//**
- [ ] All `=== Instrumentation requirements` are documented
- [ ] Answers to all `=== Open questions` are documented
- [ ] Instrumentation verified as logging correctly on //client//
- [ ] Instrumentation verified as logging correctly on //server//
i. We will answer question `5.` to the extent that instrumentation that has //already// be implemented enables us to. //Said another way: we will not invest any effort into instrumenting other editing entry points in order to answer this question.//