= Project Information
* Name of tool/project: Tool Labs console (Striker)
* Project home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Tool_Labs_support/Tool_Labs_vision
* Name of team requesting review: #community-tech-tool-labs #tool-labs
* Primary contact: @bd808
* Target date for deployment: "as soon as it's ready", June/July 2016
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://github.com/bd808/striker
== Description of the tool/project
Django-based web interface for management of Tool Labs related workflows.
The initial deployable application will:
* Authenticate to LDAP using auth bind
* Authenticate to SUL wikis using OAuth
* Communicate with Phabricator using conduit APIs
* Store association of LDAP, SUL and Phabricator accounts in local database
* Create Diffusion hosted git repositories associated with Tool Labs tools
This will eventually be the single point of management for:
* Becoming a member of the Tool Labs project
* Creating new tool accounts
* Managing tool account membership
* Creating git repos related to tools
* Managing metadata related to tools
=== See also
* [[https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Tool_Labs_support/Tool_Labs_vision#Project_roadmap|Project roadmap]]
== Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
See tool description.
Because this system will authenticate with LDAP and eventually edit some LDAP data it must be deployed in the WMF production network where it is safe to collect LDAP passwords and the LDAP editing credentials can be secured.
Various Python libraries (full list in [[https://github.com/bd808/striker/blob/master/requirements.txt|requirements.txt]]):
== Has this project been reviewed before? ==
== Working test environment ==
**FIXME** A #mediawiki-vagrant role and a test instance in Labs are in the works.
The #community-tech-tool-labs and #tool-labs teams will be responsible for the application in WMF production with @bd808 being the initial maintainer and primary point of contact.