NOTE: this task creates functionality that is essentially the same as that created in T168376 and T175765, but for Watchlist instead of RC page.
When beta graduation happens for Watchlist, we will let users opt out of the new UX if they want. This ticket describes the opt-out tools and functionality.
After beta graduation for Watchlist, a new preference for "Hide the improved version of Watchlist" will be displayed on the Watchlist preferences tab. When a user selects this:
- Watchlist is rolled back to the old version.
- Saved System preferences will be re-established in the old interface, including any ORES preferences.
- If the user had a default Saved Filter in the new UX, we will NOT attempt to map that back to the old preferences. (The user loses his Saved Filters along with all the other benefits of the new UX.)
==Layout and wording
- Add a new section with the following title: **Opt out of improvements**
- This section will look essentially like the one on the Recent Changes tab.
- Position this new section underneath the current "Advanced options" section and above "Token".
- Wording for the opt-out is as follows:
- **Main option text:** Hide the improved version of Watchlist
- **Subtitle/description in small, gray font: **Rolls back the 2017 interface redesign and all tools added then and since.