= Project Information
* Name of tool/project: mediawiki-services-chromium-render
* Project home page: https://github.com/kodchi/mediawiki-services-chromium-render
* Name of team requesting review: Readers Web
* Primary contact: @phuedx
* Target date for deployment: ASAP
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://github.com/kodchi/mediawiki-services-chromium-render (currently awaiting a Gerrit repository)
== Description of the tool/project / Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
We (Readers Web and, eventually, Readers Infra) aim to build a POC replacement (A) for [[ https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-services-electron-render | the Electron-based render service ]] (B), using puppeteer to programmatically control a firejailed headless Chromium process for rendering. We intend to slave this service (A) to the existing service (B) in order to determine whether it's a suitable replacement.
1. [[ https://github.com/GoogleChrome/puppeteer/tree/v0.11.0 | GoogleChrome/puppeteer ]]
== Has this project been reviewed before? ==
Note well that the Services team, who are currently responsible for the Electron-based render service, will also be providing concept review for the project.
== Working test environment ==
=== Example URLs
Readers Web will be responsible for the service immediately after its deployment and while it's evaluated. If, after evaluation, the headless Chromium based renderer supersedes the current Electron-based renderer, then Readers Infrastructure will take over responsibility.
| Team | Contact |
| --- | --- |
| Readers Web | @phuedx |
| Readers Infra | @Fjalapeno |