To implement T151301, we need a name for an extension attribute.
**Things to take into consideration**
- it should make clear what it stands for ("We want to further specify a reference, which is the following one")
- it should make clear which direction we are talking about (is it extending or being extended?)
- naming scheme should fit to existing params. We have "name", "follow", "group"....
The TechWish team evaluated more than 20 ideas for an attribute name. Criteria for this evaluation were:
- Is the meaning of the attribute obvious?
- Does the source code read (almost) like a sentence?
- Is the language accessible?
- Is it easy to use?
Two attribute names fulfilled these criteria equally well: `extends` and `using`.
The team chose `extends` because, on top of fulfilling the criteria well, it's been part of the discussion already. `using`on the other hand is a new suggestion and has not been discussed.
More details can be found in this decision matrix: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_BLOBW38BcdrHzInEqrfdpFJXAETsx-uJKr5V264ZJg/edit?usp=sharing