Provides filtering and/or highlighting for a variety of types of edits. Most crucially, this contains three of the default filters. Find the authoritative interface text (filter names and descriptions) for these at T149385. There are five filters in the group:
- **Page edits** This basically targets "content" edits on article and talk pages—though in truth it's everything that's not covered by any of the other four filters in this section
- **New pages** All edits that create pages (includes pages that are not strictly "new" but were deleted then re-created).
- **Category edits** like the current "categorization" filter, shows changes to categories. (Note, when a category is applied to a page, two changes result: one change to the page and change one to the category. This targets the latter.)
- **Wikidata edits**: like the current wikidata filter, //I believe// this targets edits that change a page in the current wiki but originate in a Wikidata change.
- **Log actions **: targets all the log edits currently shown on the Recent Changes page (a subset of those at Special:Log).
**About the functionality of these filters**
- The current RC page includes the ability to hide/show wikidata and category edits. This existing functionality can be used as the basis for these filters.
- HOWEVER, like all filters in the enhanced RC page filter UI, these filters conform to a set of rules that are, in some ways, very different from the existing RC page filters. The existing filters are designed primarily to EXCLUDE selected properties (in this case, wikidata or category edits). The new filters are designed to INCLUDE those properties; logically, each new group is a set of OR filters (with each group of ORs being connected to other groups by ANDs). Which means the filters in this group follow these rules:
- To INCLUDE property A, users check the box for property A.
- To EXCLUDE property A, the user must uncheck A and check it's complements, properties B, C, D and E.
- If NONE of A through E are checked, then ALL are included.
- If ALL A, B, C, D, E are checked, then the result is the same: ALL are included.
- As per T146076, searches on the RC page are meant to be bookmarkable. Please make sure your search adds query strings to the URL.