* Name of tool/project: TemplateWizard
* Project home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Template_wizard
* Name of team requesting review: Community Tech
* Primary contact: @Niharika
* Target date for deployment: Around 16th of July 2018 on testwikis.
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/ETWI/
###Description of the tool/project
The extension adds a WikiEditor gadget to allow users to populate templates more easily using a dialog. This functionality is already present in VE and 2017 Wikitext editor but this project is aimed at the 2006 wikitext editor.
###Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
The extension will be deployed on all Wikimedia wikis. The template information for the templates will come from TemplateData. In cases where there is no TemplateData, the extension attempts to "guess" template parameters by parsing the template text.
###Has this project been reviewed before?
###Working test environment
1. Setup MediaWiki
2. Install WikiEditor, TemplateData and TemplateWizard extensions.
3. Create a template to test with.
4. Go to the 2006 wikitext editor on a page and click the TemplateWizard icon (puzzle piece) in the toolbar to test it out.
You can see it in action here: http://commtech.wmflabs.org/
#community-tech is responsible for the project. Lead developer is @Samwilson and product owner is @Niharika.