= Session Themes and Topics=
* Theme: Working together, decision making and responsibilities
* Topic: Ownership/Decision Making
* Josh Minor, Corey Floyd
* Kate Chapman
Audiences, 3rd parties and WMDE all build on top of MediaWiki. In this session we will work together to build part of a roadmap. We will build a map highlighting dependencies and blockers.
=Questions to answer during this session=
* How can Audiences and WMDE's needs be considered in the development of the MW roadmap and strategy?
* How do 3rd party needs get considered with the WM roadmap and strategy?
* How do we structure our organizations, teams and communication channels to support this roadmap?
* How do we do approach code architecture to support this?
* How much do we care about 3rd parties and supporting them?
Please make a copy of the notes worksheet located here to take notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J-wTeelHFGeXw6dO1ywkGr0NfnzG-cUykowc6aSKoWE/edit?usp=sharing
Use this document for reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIyXEMf5BMKlA8cjq_bqT3wNsTyg4PSxNEJkf7lfThM
= Resources: =
* Session Guide: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Conference/2018/Session_Guide
= Session Structure =
* **Define session scope, clarify desired outcomes, present agenda**
* Discuss Focus Areas
** Discuss and Adjust. ''Note that we are not trying to come to a final agreement, we are just prioritizing and assigning responsibilities!''
** For each proposition [add etherpad link here]
*** Decides whether there is (mostly) agreement or disagreement and the proposition(s).
*** Decide whether there is more need for discussion on the topic, and how urgent or important that is.
*** Identify any open questions that need answering from others, and from who (product, ops, etc)
*** Decides who will drive the further discussion/decision process (ie: a four month deadline)
* Discuss additional strategy questions [add etherpad link here]. For each question:
** Decide whether it is considered important.
** Discuss who should answer it.
** Decide who will follow up on it.
* **Wrap up**
**Session Leaders** please:
 Add more details to this task description.
 Coordinate any pre-event discussions (here on Phab, IRC, email, hangout, etc).
 Outline the plan for discussing this topic at the event.
 Optionally, include what it will //not// try to solve.
 Update this task with summaries of any pre-event discussions.
 Include ways for people not attending to be involved in discussions before the event and afterwards.