http://www.videojs.com looks nice. Let's play
[[ http://tools.wmflabs.org/hartman/mediawiki-dev/index.php?title=Player_demo | Get your demo here ! ]]
Quick Checklist/missing stuffBlockers
 "Small thumbnail" mode T133500
- Use cases: Category pages, galleries, small thumbnail sizes.
- Currently (Kaltura mode) opens these in a dialog.
 Smaller "play"button in case of small thumbnails?
 Future options:
- Open in dialog with OOjs UI
- Or; Add support in MediaViewer
[x] link to file description page T132493
[x] Loading i18n files
- Needs RL'ifying
[x] Multi resolution support:
- https://github.com/kmoskwiak/videojs-resolution-switcher ( VideoJS 5+ support and greater support over deciding resoulutions. )
- Mostly done.
- Our labels/resolutions is different from how it is encoded in this plugin. Make this configurable inisde that plugin ?
- currently blocked on https://github.com/brion/ogv.js/issues/334
- https://github.com/streamroot/videojs-quality-picker might be a cleaner alternative ?
[x] play button on centre of player
- we won't do this, because for mwembed there is a request to have it off-center
[x] start from offset (slightly broken in multiple videos per page)
[x] Doing this with native media fragments
[x] Needs ogv.js support [[ https://github.com/brion/ogv.js/issues/381 | Upstream ticket ]]
[x] Add ogv.js tech plugin to Video.js
 Support for audio player
[x] We need a separate skin mode for audio player
[x] The skin needs to be better sizable to small sizes
 We need support for audio captioning
 Fix rendering of slider in small player (video.js error about number of elements in controls)
 iFIframe embed support
- Doesn't work. <https://test2.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Arborophila_brunneopectus_pair_feeding_-_Kaeng_Krachan.ogv&embedplayer=yes>.
- Height is broken on embedded player when using video.js.
- Advertise it on regular usage. Perhaps via plugin that adds an embed code panel: https://github.com/guardian/videojs-embed
 Subtitle support
[x] T116154 Add support to WebVTT. See also [[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TimedMediaHandler/TimedTextRework | TimedText rework ]]
 Convert SRT to VTT from API (T111552) – using <https://github.com/captioning/captioning>
Enhancements Kultura had
 preserve users last selected resolution
 preserve users last selected volume level
- We can drop this feature=======
TODO: create new tasks after Video.js becomes default
 Make default resolution based on both thumbnail size + device pixel ratio (currently, it's not used that much I think
 creditsonly based on thumb size)
- This is really needed and sorely missed atm. Remember user resolution override
- Use:  Remember user last selected volume level <http://theonion.github.ios://github.com/theonion/videojs-endcard/ ?persistvolume>
[x] link to file description page T132493] Add a download button? (Native context menu "Save as.." might suffice, also download link exists on File info page)
 separate TMH from playback technology (have hooks to register player RL modules ?)End card showing title, author, etc (MediaViewer / Commons meta data) – <http://theonion.github.io/videojs-endcard/>
Ideas for later
 Ideas for future improvements=======
 Related videos
[x] Replay button [[ https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/286761/ | ChangeID ]]
 [[ http://stackoverflow.com/a/31570243 | Airplay ]] and [[ https://github.com/benjipott/video.js-chromecast | ChromeCcast ]] support
 p Poster for audio fileses (to essentially support adding audio underneath a thumbnail, e.g. in the infobox of a bird!)
- Probably we don't need this, but Separate TMH playback technology so that Score extension can re-use then we also shouldn't SET a poster client-side player + maybe transcoding.
- Another point that will complicate the migration however...