This is the second cohesive, useful feature change that we could roll out to users. The work in the task roughly accomplishes these user stories:
* As an AfC reviewer, I need to be able to sort the feed by the most recent submission date of the draft, both by newest submission date and oldest submission date.
Specifically, the work is to:
* For drafts of states "Awaiting review" and "Under review", change the "Sort by" radio buttons to a dropdown. If it is easier to change the radio buttons to a dropdown for all use cases (all draft states and for NPP), that's fine.
* For drafts of those two states, the options in the dropdown should be:
** Created date (newest)
** Created date (oldest)
** Submitted date (newest)
** Submitted date (oldest)
* For pages not of those two states, the two "Submitted date" options should not be present.
* The two "Created date" options use the same criteria as the current New Pages Feed uses for "Newest" and "Oldest".
* "Submitted date" refers to the most recent date that a draft has been submitted to AfC, even if it has been submitted multiple times. Therefore, "Submitted date (oldest)" sorts to those drafts whose //most recent submitted date// is oldest. Submitted date can be detected in multiple potential ways, giving us options for how to engineer this functionality:
** With the timestamp of when "[[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Pending_AfC_submissions | Category:Pending AfC Submissions ]]" was most recently placed on the page.
** With the timestamp of "[[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:AFC_submission | Template:AFC submission ]]", similarly to how the "submitted time" value is created on [[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:AFC_statistics | the "Template:AFC statistics" page ]].
** Using the name of categories like "[[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:AfC_submissions_by_date/27_May_2018 | Category:AfC submissions by date/27 May 2018 ]]". This is not the preferable choice, because it only gives a date, not the more granular timestamp. Repeat submissions have multiple versions of that category, but the most recent should be used. For instance, [[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Basant_Bhatt | this draft ]] has "Category:AfC submissions by date/04 December 2017" and "Category:AfC submissions by date/28 May 2018". In that case, the submitted date is May 28, 2018.
Note: the specifics listed above and the wireframe shown below may be changed by ongoing community conversation around the design, which can be [[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Articles_for_creation/AfC_Process_Improvement_May_2018 | found here ]].
Here is a wireframe of what the feed would look like after this work, showing the changes to the "Sort by" options: