after confirming with @fgiunchedi , decom fluorine fully by going through these steps (from template)
fluorine is a Dell R310 purchasing during the initial buildout of eqiad. It is well out of warranty, and will be fully decommissioned. This will not be reclaimed into spares.
[x] - all system services confirmed offline from production use
[x] - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
 - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
 - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed
 - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.)
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
 - disable puppet on host
 - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
 - power down host
 - disable switch port
 - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) (asw-a4-eqiad)
 - remove production dns entries
 - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
 - system disks wiped (by onsite)
 - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
 - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked..