# User Stories
- As an **engineer**, I want to specify the topic to schema mapping so that it is clear that a topic always uses a particular schema.
- As a **data analyst** or **product manager**, I want a canonical place where I can easily draft schema definitions and implementation details in collaboration with product engineers during implementation ([[https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Schema:PageIssues&action=history|example]]), document and access them once a schema is live, and correct and amend them later as needed.
- As a **product manager/analyst/engineer**, I want to set the sampling settings of a schema topic usage without code deployment so I can easily adjust to changes in usage.
- As a **product manager/analyst/engineer**, I want to set the privacy whitelist settings of schema topic usage event fields so that I can retain non-PII data for longer than 90 days.
- As an **analyst**, I want to know the schema, sampling, and other metadata settings that an event was emitted with so that I can account for these changes in analysis.
- As a **product manager/analyst/engineer**, I want to set and discover the ownership of schemas and schema topic usages so I can track governance over time and know when a schema topics usage can be decommissioned.
- As a **community member**, I want a high level view of what data is being collected so I have better transparency into WMF's use of data.