During previous times working on read-onlys and server switches, we have observed a lot of room for improvement. The goal is to provide a better quality service.
Here is the improvement plan:
[x] Discuss with Erica about having a third person involved in the process. Rationale:
- We want to add quality checkins, with one person doing the task and the other checking up on it.
- Since we only work for 1,5 FTE in total, can have vacations and times off, the idea is to have a third person to be a reliable backup and cover these times off.
- Based on Tech News experience, we prefer not to rely on volunteers to help for now, even if some would be available and skilled.
 Create a Phabricator template, maintained by us, to request banners for server switches and read-onlys
 Reuse the current steps we have
 Add a checkup step for translations (are they done, are links functioning, etc?)
 Add a checking step for each item, written down in the checklist.
 Improve messages sent to communities
- We only have two reusable messages, which cover our needs:
- [[ https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/Server_switch | One for server switches ]]
- [[https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/Read-only_limited_announcement|One for read-onlys, when a few wikis are impacted]]
[x] Change the date format so that translators don't have to deal with dates translations at each usage of the message (reuse Tech News') (see [[https://email@example.com/thread/MYA5FUVPLJRJRSQL2445NFKGOOF5XIM7/ | related translators-l@ thread]]). But leave space for local times for languages that cover multiple timezones.
 Decide if we keep the possibility to translate the time of the event, which includes possible mistakes if 1/ the UTC time changes 2/ the local time observes DST.
 Document publicly the fact that:
- two people work on a task, the assignee and the checker
- the assignee does the job, and the checker checks it
- assignee can change but in this case, the task is reassigned
- we debrief after each task, and we iterate on the process if needed
- provide links to the two messages so tat translators can find them
 Document a Q&A process so that an other CRS can check a banner configuration.