The ProofreadPage pagelist creation process is difficult for new users, and not particularly fast for experienced users. This task adds a new editing widget for it, so it can be more easily edited without resorting to external programmes etc.
Aspects of the required user interface (which will appear in the existing Index page editing form as the 'Pages' field):
* The standard (non-editing view) pagelist view of an inline list of page numbers, colour-coded by proofreading status.
* The default view is the same as the `<pagelist />` tag with no parameters, i.e. 1-n pages with normal numbering.
* On clicking a number, a thumbnail pops up.
* Under the thumbnail is a select list of common text labels and a text-input box for numbering.
* The text labels are e.g. 'title', 'ToC', etc. as well as 'roman' for starting roman numbering (returning to Arabic with 'arabic'). Localization of this will need to be figured out.
* The displayed numbering is updated when the popup is closed (but it's not saved at this point).
The default initial state is the full pagelist of 1–n, but there is also the option of switching the widget the current text-entry mode. This is required for any Pages field that contains more than just a single pagelist element (e.g. multiple, for different parts of a work; or other wikitext).
* Each thumbnail can be zoomed into (but doing so crops the image when enlarging, rather than making it take up more space on the page).
- Pagelist syntax: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Help:Index_pages#pagelist
- ProofreadPage extension: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Proofread_Page
//This task is being considered for a GSoC project for 2020, being mentored by @Samwilson and @SGill.//