Date: 13 May 2016
Time: 12:30 UTC
Type: Skype (fallback: Chat on IRC channel #gsoc-catimages)
Description: 3rd meeting to discuss the projects progress and talk about the plan
- Consensus on plan and timeline (1st week starts soon)
[ ] Project Plan
[ ] Outcomes/Measurables
[ ] Milestones
[ ] Have a sperarate meeting soon about:
- put "externals" into seperate package (of course replace any functionally by existing package like ctypes wherever possible) in order to allow of handling non-python, non-pip, non-setup.py, etc. packages - see list in T66838
- pip: T134615
- "install just for the user" on windows: virutalenv?
- do this on case by case basis
- "auto-deps-resolver": find, download and install binaries, special python module versions, apply patches, etc. through system package manager or from web directly - see "externals" module
- "auto-deps-compiler": another package for compiling C/C++ code and using since one main concern was to have an infrastructure that allows to use the newest experimental packages as well (e.g. the C code make and compile functionallity) that is available some specific interface (e.g. C) only - we should still support this in an python module that allows to do that for any chosen code
- Check progress made:
[ ] invalid file types: T129845, T131934, category?
[ ] unidentified people (Faces, People): Category:Unidentified people
[ ] portrait vs. landscape detection: autorotation for photos, category?
- working: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Hi_VS_tech_screenshot.png&withJS=MediaWiki:FileContentsByBot.js
- failing: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Feltre_2011.jpg&withJS=MediaWiki:FileContentsByBot.js
[ ] community bonding: (color shader thingy - what's the actual task here?)
[ ] reach 250 edits to commons (including wikimedia color categorization)
[ ] reach 2 pull requests to projects other than pywikibot (and owned by AbdealiJK)
- e.g. travis or improving setup.py
- long-term; consider using travis-ci.org anyway for unit and integration testing, e.g. with 2 sets; "minimum stable dependencies" and "full"
[ ] py.test results
== Minutes of the Meeting: