// This ticket is an epic for multiple tasks related to improving the mentor module.//
Homepage mobile user testing showed that users are looking for more info about their assigned mentor in the mentorship module.
The mentorship module already shows some mentors data:
- mentor's name (with link to mentor's user page)
- mentor's overall edit count
- mentor's last time active data
Indeed users showed an interest in knowing more about their mentor, and an attention to more in-depth data:
- details about who their mentor is, what their mentor likes, why their mentor is on wiki
- recent mentor's contributions to wikipedia
- mentor's impact on wikipedia
- why is this mentor assigned to them? is it self-assigned? is it random?
==== User job story
**When** I arrive at my newcomer homepage and see a "mentor" module...
**I want to** know what a mentor is for, and some information about my mentor...
**So that** I feel comfortable and invited to contact them for guidance.
==== Proposed solutions
The following are proposed changes/additions to the mentor module in aid of newcomer understanding and comfort of their assigned mentors:
- T220145 Allow mentors to personalize the message shown to their assigned mentee (enabling the mentor to give personalized, more inviting message written in the first person)
- T229558 All mentors to add an personal image instead of the standard logged in user avatar (giving the mentor a friendlier, more human presence for contact)
- T229802 Add information about the how "mentorship" works to newcomers who are unfamiliar with this concept
- T229805 Allow mentors to provide more information about their own contributions, experiences and areas of interest (helping newcomers get a sense of the mentor's own editor experience)