T144480 adds a link to Wikipedia file pages to move files to Commons. This task is meant to make sure that the link does not do anything if the preconditions are not met
Do not allow the moving of files, if they don't have a licence that is compatible with Commons.**Motivation**
This means: If there is a template under licencing that discouragesDo not allow the moving to Commonsof files, render the link inactive. if they don't have a licence that is compatible with Commons / need individual review before moving it to Commons.
- Do not move: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WC-2014-Brasil.svg
- Needs individual review: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:2010_FIFA_World_Cup_logo.svg
- Create a word that can be added to templates to say "a file with this template on its page should not be allowed to be moved to Commons".
- TODO which word?
- Document the creation of the word on the extension page
- Use the word on the most popular "don't move to commons" template of the language the extension is deployed to. This can e.g. be the non-free fair use template for en-wiki. If the extension is deployed on all wikis, use wikidata info to find the corresponding templates in other languages
- If there is a template with the word on the wp file page, render the link inactive.
- When users hover over the inactive link, they should be informed, that the move cannot be realized, as long as the licence is not changed or the warning not taken away.
- Text: "This file has a license where moving it to Commons is not allowed or not encouraged. If you want to move it to Commons anyways, you need to change the license first."
This is part of fulfilling a wish of the German-speaking community's technical wishlist in 2013. For more details see parent task.