The new data collection should be implemented using the new [Event Platform](https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Event_Platform). In practice, this means the following steps are different than before:
* events should be submitted using `mw.eventLog.submit` rather than `mw.eventLog.logEvent`. For more details, see [doc.wikimedia.org/EventLogging/master/js/#!/api/mw.eventLog](https://doc.wikimedia.org/EventLogging/master/js/#!/api/mw.eventLog).
* the stream now needs to be added to the [wgEventStreams](https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-mediawiki-config/blob/master/wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php#L19861) and [wgEventLoggingStreamNames](https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-mediawiki-config/blob/master/wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php#L20556) config variables before the backend will accept events. For more details, see [wikitech:Event Platform/Stream Configuration](https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Event_Platform/Stream_Configuration).
The data submitted should follow [version 1.0.0 of the content_translation_event schema](https://github.com/wikimedia/schemas-event-secondary/blob/master/jsonschema/analytics/mediawiki/content_translation_event/1.0.0.yaml). The schema itself and [the schema readme](https://github.com/wikimedia/schemas-event-secondary/blob/master/jsonschema/analytics/mediawiki/content_translation_event/README.md) should contain almost all the information necessary to prepare the data for submission (in particular, note that the schema itself contains two examples of valid events at the bottom).
However, here are a few notes that could not be included in the schema for technical reasons:
* `$schema`: this is a special field giving the `$id` of the schema the backend should use to validate the data. In our case, the value should be: `/analytics/mediawiki/content_translation_event/1.0.0`
* `meta`: this object and its subfields (e.g. `meta.dt`, `meta.stream`) will automatically be filled in by the backend, so omit it entirely from the submitted data.
* `http`: we aren't interested in this object and its subfields, so omit it entirely from the submitted data.
* `dt`: this field will be automatically filled in by the client-side EventLogging code, so omit it entirely from the submitted data.