**TL;DR** would need new Zuul .deb to be pushed to apt.wikimedia.org for Precise/Trusty/Jessie
Last week I finally went to upgrade Zuul to the latest version. It is a tedious process to have the same code base to support all three distributions, most notably the python packages are severely outdated. We went with dh_virtualenv which let us easily embed dependencies in the Zuul packages.
I already upgraded:
* Zuul scheduler and merger instances on gallium (Precise).
* All the CI slaves (Precise/Trusty)
Left to do is:
* installing Zuul on the Jessie slaves (we lacked a package for Jessie)
* Provision Zuul client on the Nodepool instances which are Jessie
* Get Zuul installed on scandium, the new merger (Jessie) T95046
The breakdown is:
| Distro | Component | Package materials
| Precise | `precise-wikimedia/main` | https://people.wikimedia.org/~hashar/debs/zuul_2.1.0-60-g1cc37f7-wmf1precise1/
| Trusty | `trusty-wikimedia/main` | https://people.wikimedia.org/~hashar/debs/zuul_2.1.0-60-g1cc37f7-wmf1trusty1/
| Jessie | `jessie-wikimedia/thirdparty` | https://people.wikimedia.org/~hashar/debs/zuul_2.1.0-60-g1cc37f7-wmf1jessie1/
Note how Ubuntu uses `main` whereas with Jessie we now uses `thirdparty`.
All three packages are based on the same tarball zuul_2.1.0-60-g1cc37f7.orig.tar.gz which is upstream commit 1cc37f7b469a892cdbd16db6aa1d500a1200c417
Should be no impact on production since I already upgraded the packages.