T205734 enables events that meet the new standard for a minimum event definition: Time period AND specified wikis AND (Category OR Participants). T206483 specifies a final event-setup workflow and page design that encompass a variety of changes, including the move of Participants and Categories filters to the Event Setup page.
But that page won't be built until a later stage of development (it is a prerequisite to building the screen envisioned here T204009). In the interim, we'll leave Participants and Categories on the Event page, but clarify that the user must pick one of them for the event to be functional.
The screenshot below shows what the Event page looks like now on Test after the user has defined the event and saved but prior to adding Participants. The design goals of this ticket are to:
- Clarify and emphasize the need to add either participants or categories.
- Update and clarify the functionality of the two tools slightly.
=Changes to emphasize need to pick Participants or Categories
- Make the notice somewhat more prominent—e.g., by adding a red background, exclamation icons, bold text, etc.
- Change the wording, as follows: This event has not been fully configured. To generate statistics, please add one of the following: Participants or Categories.
=Changes to instruction text of Participants
Small changes will help people better understand how this works and what it will do to the stats. Please change as follows:
- Add wiki usernames below, one per line, to limit metrics to specific participants. You can copy/paste directly from an on-wiki list. [?]
=Changes to instruction text of Categories
Enter wiki names and categories to limit metrics to pages in those categories. [?]