This will use git to sync /srv/deployment/mediawiki/deploy on the
deployment master (currently a symlink to the git repo created in
/srv/mediawiki) to /srv/deployment/mediawiki/deploy on the targets.
- Ensure that puppet creates an /srv/deployment/mediawiki that is owned by mwdeploy on the targets so that the symlink swapping can happen therein.
- Ensure that it is not problematic for proxies that the mediawiki install is in /srv/deployment/mediawiki/mediawiki this either re-point apaches/rsync servers to this directory or (short-term) make /srv/mediawiki a symlink to /srv/deployment/mediawiki/deploy.
- This means 3 checkouts of mediawiki on all hosts. There are filespace ramifications to this.
- Find scripts that hard-code /srv/mediawiki and update/target them for update.
- Ensure the deploy_dir on proxies is set to /srv/deployment/mediawiki/deploy so that cdbs are rebuilt. I believe we can use the environments feature of the scap.cfg to detect whether or not we are in a "proxy" environment and change the config for the environment. More testing is needed there.
One possibility for rollout would be to sync to all proxies, depool
proxies, point /srv/mediawiki -> /srv/deployment/mediawiki/deploy,
At the end of this transition period we will have:
- A .git repo on the deployment host at /srv/deployment/mediawiki/deploy that represents all deployed files
- An instantanous deployment to all proxy nodes (via symlink swapping)