From about a week ago, yaseo has problem.
It occurs any version of windows IE6 or under.
to reproduce, it's simple.
- clear all the cache of IE
- access to http://ja.wikipedia.org/ (not other project) with IE
that will freez all IE windows for a minute.
while freez, nothing shown on window where request ja.wikipedia.org but <title>
is shown correctly (as メインページ).
after that, IE will show mainpage corrctly. nothing lacks.
this mean, everyone came to wikipedia first time (with IE) must wait for a minute.
Many non-wikipedian came from yahoo, google suffers that and complains about it
It only occurs when access from asia area,
I mean, hosts index is like
and it's because IE's keepalive bug.
There's several known ways to escape it
- setting keepalive time to 0 with some application or editing registory
- using http proxies
- setting etc/hosts as
- disable css on IE option
- use any other browser including IE7
but, you know, we cant say anything for first visiter or non-wikimedian from
everywhere, so those information to escape DONT works.
it's not occur any other projects.
it's occur only from around yaseo (I alredy tried to reproduce from EU area with
setting hosts file with an admin, but it doesnt)
there's list of what we know
- IE's default keepalive time is 1 minute.
- changing keepalive time to 0 will escape this problem
- IE's keep alive has bug and fixed in IE7
- it's not occurs on any other browser.
I'll attach 3 tcpdump results
OS: Windows XP