Page MenuHomePhabricator

Error because class utfnormal is already declared
Closed, DeclinedPublic


Author: elvanor2007

When looking at any page on the wiki, I got the following error:

Fatal error: Failed to load cached file
(/path/to/my/wiki/includes/normal/UtfNormal.php) class utfnormal is already
declared in /path/to/my/wiki/includes/Title.php on line 9

I don't know why this happens. I am running PHP 5.2.1, Apache 1.3, MySQL 5 on
Linux. I transferred this wiki from a previous server running under Gentoo, PHP
5.1.6 and Apache 2, I did not have this problem. So maybe this is PHP 5.2.1 related.

There is a simple work around, for now: if I comment in Title.php the line at
the beginning:

require_once( 'normal/UtfNormal.php' );

everything seems to work ok.

I don't know what is wrong on my configuration, or why this happens, any help is
appreciated. Googling and asking on the IRC channel did not help for now, so I
am turning to developers.

Version: 1.9.x
Severity: critical
OS: Linux
Platform: PC



Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Medium.Nov 21 2014, 9:33 PM
bzimport set Reference to bz8993.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).

robchur wrote:

Was this upgraded from a previous version of the software, and if so, were old
files left alone? I suspect that UtfNormal.php moved at some point, or that
there's two files with the same class definition, which for some odd reason, is
causing the error.

elvanor2007 wrote:

No, the software version was not moved. I installed 1.9.0 on a server. Then it
was decided to move the wiki to another server. I copied the files on the first
wiki to the other server, and that's all. Neither on the first nor second server
was anything else than 1.9.0 installed.

Probably some sort of path inconsistency confusing require_once, and/or
duplicated files of some sort. Relative include paths sometimes get...
interesting with PHP. :P

Can you test if replacing the line with this works:

require_once( dirname(FILE) . '/normal/UtfNormal.php' );

That's the version that appears in the current development code, using the full
explicit path for consistency. If that works, then we'll go ahead and resolve
this as FIXED in the mainline code.

elvanor2007 wrote:

No sorry, this did not fix it: same error message appears...

robchur wrote:

Please check for a broken or outdated version of eAccelerator or similar, such as Zend Optimiser, which can cause bizarre problems under otherwise normal circumstances.

If not, it would be helpful to know if the problem persists in 1.10.0.