Page MenuHomePhabricator

en.wikisource main namespace page link position needs adjustment
Open, Needs TriagePublic


Please see this image ---> []

Specifically, en.wikisource main namespace page link below the the header need adjustment because it runs into the header when displayed alongside the left margin. When it's toggled for display alongside the text, it is positioned lower, and displays OK. This occurs on any screen size, in any OS, but only in Firefox. Cannot be replicated in Chrome/Chromium.

Event Timeline

Ineuw created this task.May 30 2016, 5:58 PM
Restricted Application added subscribers: Zppix, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 30 2016, 5:58 PM
Danny_B added a subscriber: Danny_B.

Which page is the screenshot taken from?

Danny_B closed this task as Invalid.May 30 2016, 6:32 PM

I've found it on's_Table.

Anyway, this is local enwikisource issue, since it is triggerred by its stylesheets and scripts. Please report on Village Pump there.

Ineuw added a comment.May 30 2016, 6:43 PM

any link is a good example []

Danny_B, thanks for clearing this up, as I needed to know. I will deal with it at en.wikisource, and know where to post it.

Billinghurst reopened this task as Open.May 31 2016, 11:05 AM
Billinghurst added a subscriber: Billinghurst.

This is tagged as wikisource, and it is completely within scope to be listed in phabricator. This scope of this group was specified on its creation.

It may be more appropriate/effective that it be listed at enWS, however if it is not getting fixed at enWS, then it can sit here for someone with the right skills.

@Billinghurst : quoting from the Wikisource description:

Please do not report language specific tasks under this project (e.g. for en.wikisource).

I've originally added the tag assuming it will be on all Wikisources, but after I found out that not, I closed this task as invalid, since local wiki tasks are not being tracked in Phabricator.

Ineuw added a comment.May 31 2016, 4:52 PM

The very reason it was posted here first, was because there wasn't anyone available at enWS at the moment to fix it. I have difficulty to believe that such minor issue created such a major storm. After all, I was convinced that Mediawiki staff of programmers were here to help.