Date and Time
- 11th June 2016 - UTC 4am
- Google Chat
- Wikimedia etherpad
- Discuss and resolve database issues
- Format of the review system
- License for the app
1. Discuss and resolve database issues
- The error I was getting was: "No support for ALTER of constraints in SQLite dialect"); NotImplementedError: No support for ALTER of constraints in SQLite dialect
- Solution on a forum was to switch over to SQL/Postgres since not being able to alter columns in a table is a limitation of SQLite
- Suggestions: For now, maybe rename the table and rebuild it as per this answer.
- More discussion on db format later
2. Format of the review system
- suggest review items to the reviewer, so that they agree/disagree with it. Send their review to a second reviewer along with comments. If both the reviewers share a different opinion on the item, send it to a third tie-breaking reviewer, after which accepted review items are published on an external page (Labs?).
- Also show a list of completed assignments for each reviewer on his/her profile
- Consider whether we need to have an option for the reviewer to change their mind later on
3. License for the app
- Apache 2.0 is the best so far
- But will also consider BSD, MIT, Artistic, or other Open Source Consortium-approved licenses if necessary
- GPL and LGPL involve difficulties that will keep some people away, they are not particularly more useful, but if you depend on GPL software you should keep using it.
Also looked through the working of the DataFlowBot that outputs low quality articles having high popularity. It basically combines ORES predictions of STUB articles with article view count, as well as factors such as social impact, etc. It's coded in PHP (GitHub page).