logstash100 are getting old and need replacement. Those servers are used only as logstash endpoints and are thus not consuming much in term of IO.
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2420 0 @ 1.90GHz
- 6 CPU, not hyperthreaded
- 2x 500GB spinning HDD (only 50GB allocated)
- 16 GB RAM
Current usage (over the last 90 days):
- CPU peaks at ~10% utilisation
- IOPS are close to zero (peak of 2 write IOPS)
- network peaks at 10MB/s, 300 UDP packets/s, 200 established TCP connections
- including caches, ~7.5GB of RAM used.
New specs (on real H/W):
Since @RobH is trying to standardize our server specs, this should probably go to the smallest configuration we have.
New specs (VM, spec per VM / total):
- CPU: 4 / 12
- HDD: 50GB / 150GB
- RAM: 8GB / 24GB
note: it looks like the Ganeti cluster has enough resources to accommodate those new VMs.