Where: Anywhere an edit summary can be displayed: history page, compare diffs pages, watchlist.
What: When the software displays an edit summary that contains more than one section link (e.g.: "/*Heading 1*/ Copyedit /*Heading 2*/ Fix link"), only the last section link will be properly parsed (the above example would be displayed like this: "/*Heading 1*/ Copyedit - → Heading 2: Fix link").
Expected: All section links should be parsed correctly to contain a link to the edited section and display the section name in gray-colored font.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open the edit page window on a MediaWiki project
- Make an edit to two different sections
- In the edit summary, type: "/*SectionOne*/ Edits made /*SectionTwo*/ Edits made", where SectionOne and SectionTwo are the section names you edited
- Save the page
- Observe the page history (only SectionTwo is properly parsed)
- Compare the version you just saved with any other version of the page
- Observe the edit summary in the compare diffs page (only SectionTwo is properly parsed)
Additional Information: This used to work properly. User:Alex Smotrov at en.wikipedia.org suggested that this revision may be part of the issue: http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki?view=rev&revision=39373
Please also see a sandbox edit on en.wikipedia.org for an example of this issue: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Sandbox&diff=prev&oldid=235880025