The new hosts are racked with OS and first puppet run, so they are ready for deployment (see T272509). These are snapshot10011,12,13 After their deployment, snapshot1005,6,7 can be decommissioned. There are two other new hosts but they will be covered by another task.
- Mentioned In
- R1885:56e32ba295bd: remove snapshot1005,6,7 from dump scap targets
R1885:c694227ac618: Add snapshot1011,12,13 to scap targets for the dumps repo
rLPRI4d2d3a056248: Add fake mcrouter secrets for snapshot1011,12,13
- Mentioned Here
- T197470: find a way to systematically update the deployment server name across all repos
T272509: (Need By: 2021-03-31) rack/setup/install snapshot101[1-5]
I had to manually edit /srv/deployment/dumps/dumps-cache/.config on all three hosts to change the name of the upstream host from deploy1001 to deploy1002, still wrong in the repo on deploy1002. See T197470
I also needed to add mcrouter secrets to all three, see https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Memcached_for_MediaWiki/mcrouter#Generate_certs_for_a_new_host (both labs/private repo and the private repo on the prod puppetmaster).
After merging the above patch, I needed to remove the cron jobs from the dumspgen crontab manually on snapshot1006,7 since switching the role to testbed does not and can't really do that. I also tested angwikibooks and skwikibooks full dump runs with the test config file that writes output to a test directory. The first wiki had previous runs so we tested prefetch with that; the second one did not so we tested db fetches of text content with that. Everything looks ready to go.
The new hosts will be in operation for the dump run beginning on May 1.
Next week I'll convert snapshot1005,6,7 to spare.