Current behaviour and how to replicate:
Open a file description page where revision #0 is missing
(The revision #0 of the page named "Luftaufnahmen Nordseekueste 2012 05 D50 by-RaBoe 066.jpg" does not exist.
This is usually caused by following an outdated history link to a page that has been deleted. Details can be found in the deletion log.)
- Switch your user language to e.g. "de" (either with uselang=de or in the prefs)
- Open the file description page again - you get the message again in English.
- Purge the server cache of that file (action=purge).
- Now, the message is rendered in German (de).
- Switch your user language back to English. The message will be still shown in German despite reloading the page.
Error message in user language. No cache pollution.