This request is being filed in anticipation of Q4 FY 2020-2021 security readiness review. We're discussing in the team probable timing for stable enough components amenable to security readiness initial pass.
The task submitter has scheduled a meeting with Security managerial peer to discuss security and the Abstract Wikipedia roadmap. Additionally, Security is looped in on architectural discussions.
**Project Information **
* Name of tool/project: Wikifunctions
* Project home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Abstract_Wikipedia
* Name of team requesting review: Abstract Wikipedia
* Primary contact: Adam Baso
* Target date for deployment: Approximately June 24, 2021 or shortly after holiday break in July
* Other deliverables for this review
**  A threat modeling exercise (possible DFD and other artifacts)
*** Currently blocked on 1) final architectural decisions [[[ https://app.mural.co/t/neweditorexperiences1471/m/neweditorexperiences1471/1614017284792/09de80bbf92718826cbc79344f8bd07d51fe26db | working diag ]]] 2) condensed summary document(s) of said decisions
* Link to code repositories/info pages: so far, note they're not code complete (and some pieces are fairly early stage) -
**  https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/mediawiki/extensions/WikiLambda
**  https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/mediawiki/services/function-orchestrator
**  https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/mediawiki/services/function-evaluator
**Description of the tool/project: **
Wikifunctions ([[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiFunctions | but not this ]]) is a project where users can collaborate on user defined functions in different programming languages.
**Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:**
We anticipate functions to be invoked from internal contexts (e.g., inline in renderable contexts) as well as external contexts (i.e., via some web API).
>List dependencies, or upstream projects that this project relies on.
* Additional npm, php, etc. dependencies for relevant codebases
* Programming language runtimes (shortlist for initial launch: Python, NodeJS, Lua)
* Service infrastructure at Wikimedia
**Has this project been reviewed before?**
**Working test environment**
The full system isn't ready yet. However, you can get a feel for the MediaWiki part by using the Docker container in the MW repo for the project and checking out https://notwikilambda.toolforge.org/ (volunteer maintained, please do not probe)
Abstract Wikipedia - project lead Denny V, tech lead James F, engineering management Adam B