Task T149391, about the Active Filter Display Area, defines two varieties of so-called "Conflict Display States." This subtask fully defines those states and all the interface and other changes that pertain to them.
=Conflict Display States=
===Conflict between Unregistered & Experience filters===
The Experience filters find only Registered users. If the user selects the Unregistered filter and any combination of Experience filters at the same time, then the filters cancel each other out, no results will be found and:
- The tags in the Active Filter Area for all of the conflicting filters will turn red (see design below)
- On rollover one of two tooltips will display: one tooltip for the Experience filters and one for the Unregistered filter (see T149385, under "Experience vs. Registered/Unregistered tooltips" for wording of both).
- The Results Area will display a special message. (See T149385, under "Results Area Conflict Messages" for final text)
===Conflict between Logged Actions or Wikidata Edits and any ORES filter===
Logged Actions are not scored by ORES, and the ORES extension does not yet handle propagated Wikidata Edits (see T158025) . Thus if the user selects either or both of these filters (and __no other filter in the Type of Change group__) along with any combination of Intent or Quality (ORES) filters, then the filters cancel each other out. No results will be displayed and:
- The tags in the Active Filter Area for all of the conflicting filters will turn red (see design below).
- On rollover one of four tooltips will display (see T149385, under "Logged Actions or Wikidata vs. ORES tooltips" for conditions of use and wording for each).
- The Results Area will display a special message. (See T149385, under "Results Area Conflict Messages," for final text)