This session will answer the following questions:
* What technologies do we need to support older clients given the API first and data first architecture?
* How does the action API serve the requirements and use cases? The REST API? What are the strengths and disadvantages of these? What is missing from both? Are either of these the future or is another model more suitable like GraphQL? Specifically handle error handling
* Given the above, what is the impact on caching infrastructure and storage infrastructure?
= Session Themes and Topics=
* Theme: Increasing our technical capabilities to achieve our strategy
* Topic: APIs (+asset delivery)
* Gergő Tisza (@Tgr)
This session will delve into the action API, REST API, and any alternative solutions to answer open questions so that the API architecture can be resolved.
= Keep in mind: =
= Desired Outcomes: =
= Session Structure =
* **Define session scope, clarify desired outcomes, present agenda**
* Discuss Focus Areas
** Discuss and Adjust. ''Note that we are not trying to come to a final agreement, we are just prioritizing and assigning responsibilities!''
** For each proposition [add etherpad link here]
*** Decides whether there is (mostly) agreement or disagreement and the proposition(s).
*** Decide whether there is more need for discussion on the topic, and how urgent or important that is.
*** Identify any open questions that need answering from others, and from who (product, ops, etc)
*** Decides who will drive the further discussion/decision process (ie: a four month deadline)
* Discuss additional strategy questions [add etherpad link here]. For each question:
** Decide whether it is considered important.
** Discuss who should answer it.
** Decide who will follow up on it.
* **Wrap up**
= Resources: =
**Session Leaders** please:
 Add more details to this task description.
 Coordinate any pre-event discussions (here on Phab, IRC, email, hangout, etc).
 Outline the plan for discussing this topic at the event.
 Optionally, include what it will //not// try to solve.
 Update this task with summaries of any pre-event discussions.
 Include ways for people not attending to be involved in discussions before the event and afterwards.