iOS 8 with 22.214.171.124
Check out related cards: T87154 and T97819
We can see what comes out of the hackathon, but the following is likely what we want to build:
- [ ] Add a button to change search language in the search bar
- [ ] Use updated language picker with will support favoriting (and possibly “likely language choices” determined by the server)
- [ ] Update the keyboard to reflect the current language
When this is complete, we will have “3” languages in the app:
- [ ] App chrome (determined by the OS)
- [ ] Search language (determined by the search bar)
- [ ] Article language (determined by the in-article language picker) - note: the article is always shown in the initial language it was loaded from - the search language, or in the case of a link, the language of the previous article)
The use case scenario:
1. Switch to Search from English to Arabic.
2. Click Search - no indication that the next search will be in Arabic wiki: the Search box displays 'Search Wikipedia', 'Cancel' button, and the list of previous search criteria (in English).
3. Type 'Puffin' - the screen is filled with Search results in English - which is technically ** correct**, but there is no indication that the search was performed in Arabic.
4. Then, switching to a different application and then re-open WikiApps - viewing the Search result page with no indication in which language it was performed may be rather confusing.
Attached screenshots show Search switched to Arabic: