on my German Wiki I enabled $wgPageLanguageUseDB because I want the source translation page often to be in another language than set from $wgLanguageCode="de". But in the end, after translating, the maintenance runJobs overwrites my translations (English -> German) from English source. The versions I use MW 1.26.2 (special:version shows 1.26.2 but it is mediawiki package 1.26.3-1.1 from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUSE_13.2/) and Extension:Translate MLEB 2016.04.
I did the following steps:
- in LocalSettigns.php: $wgLanguageCode="de"; $wgPageLanguageUseDB=True;
- Create an English page "Testpage" in the German Wiki, set page language to be English
- from this point on maintenance/runJobs.php invokes TranslateRenderJob summarizing via "tpt-render-summary" and writes the English source each time into the German page ("Testpage/de" whether I did a translation or have a new translation setup with only the source language)
- the translation system ignores the changed page language of English and interprets the English page as being German, hence selecting German as translation target results in the message that this is the source language and cannot be translated. However when I switch translation target to be English and back to German it loads all German message groups (which became English from the runJobs maintenance)
- I can translate to German but the translated German display title does not show up on the German Testpage/de
- if I modify the English source page "Testpage" and update it into the translation system, FuzzyBot (via runJobs) overwrites all German translations again.
I asked already here:
- Mediawiki Topic: FuzzyBot overwrites translations
- Mediawiki Topic: Does $wgPageLanguageUseDB has any effect? (page language different from $wgLanguageCode)
I'd like to have one or two solutions
- if possible solve this issue that the changed page language is taken into account by the translation system ($wgPageLanguageUseDB=true;)
- a way to deactivate or manage FuzzyBot