This task will track the setup of bast4002/WMF7218. This system is 1 of 3 misc systems ordered on T160936 to replace ALL non-cp systems in ulsfo. @RobH will handle setup.
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/386643/
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/386643/
- - operations/puppet update
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - refactor the role/profile(s) of bastion server, as it now applies multiple roles and fails our style check
- - apply refactored role for bastion server to bast4002 (this will also have to ensure it works on other bastions)
- - replace bast4001
Some of these systems will potentially be running ganeti. However, due to not knowing which will and will not, virtualization has been disabled on the CPU for ALL of the new ulsfo misc hosts orders on T160936. This can easily be changed back to enabled via the following instructions:
- system will need to reboot, please ensure that this won't interrupt any vital services
- ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- run the following on the mgmt console:
racadm set iDRAC.ServerBoot.FirstBootDevice BIOS console com2
- in another ssh session, login to bast4002.wikimedia.org and reboot it. The racadm command set it to go into bios the next boot.
- swap back to your mgmt console session and watch it launch system bios.
- in bios, go to System Bios > Processor Settings > Virtualization Technology & Enable it. Then hit ESC and back out, confirming Yes when it asks to save and exit.
- boot system back up and it will have the virtualization enabled on the processors.