Page MenuHomePhabricator

Create new namespace for bd.wikimedia.org
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Hi, please create the following two namespace for Wikimedia Bangladesh's chapter wiki.

  1. English: Workshop >> Bengali: কর্মশালা >> Workshop Talk = কর্মশালা আলোচনা
  1. English: Meetup >> Bengali: আড্ডা >> Meetup Talk = আড্ডা আলোচনা

Chapter policy: https://bd.wikimedia.org/s/yg

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
operations/mediawiki-config : masterCreate 2 extra namespaces for bdwikimedia
operations/mediawiki-config : masterAdd 2 namespace aliases to bdwikimedia

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptMay 27 2018, 2:10 PM
Urbanecm claimed this task.May 27 2018, 2:13 PM
Urbanecm triaged this task as Normal priority.
Restricted Application added a project: User-Urbanecm. · View Herald TranscriptMay 27 2018, 2:13 PM

Will do that, thank you for the page allowing me and others to easily verify your identity! Nice idea!

Is there an indended : in talk namespace? I don't speak your language, so I'm just asking, to be 100% sure.

Urbanecm moved this task from Backlog to Working on on the User-Urbanecm board.May 27 2018, 2:23 PM
Urbanecm moved this task from Backlog to Working on on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.

Is there an indended : in talk namespace? I don't speak your language, so I'm just asking, to be 100% sure.

I wrote them like this:- Talk:Meetup = আলাপ:আড্ডা

Is there an indended : in talk namespace? I don't speak your language, so I'm just asking, to be 100% sure.

I wrote them like this:- Talk:Meetup = আলাপ:আড্ডা

Forget it, I made a terrible mistake, fixing the description.

NahidSultan updated the task description. (Show Details)May 27 2018, 2:31 PM

Done. Thank you for noticing that :) When I wrote this I was must thinking about the main namespace :p

Change 435693 had a related patch set uploaded (by Urbanecm; owner: Urbanecm):
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Create 2 extra namespaces for bdwikimedia

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/435693

Urbanecm moved this task from Working on to To deploy on the User-Urbanecm board.May 27 2018, 2:35 PM

Main namespace is the most important one ;-). Can you please look to patch I prepared and check if the language is sane? You just need to click to the link gerritbot posted and click at wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php. It'll open a diff with my changes.

Main namespace is the most important one ;-). Can you please look to patch I prepared and check if the language is sane? You just need to click to the link gerritbot posted and click at wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php. It'll open a diff with my changes.

Already did, looks fine. A question though, when typing English name of the namespace, they will also automatically redirect to the Bengali name, right?

It won't, right now. Should it?

It won't, right now. Should it?

Yes, please also add English alias, if it's not too much trouble :) And Thank you very much for promptly handling this task.

It's easy, if I know I should do it :D.

It's easy, if I know I should do it :D.

:D

Change 435694 had a related patch set uploaded (by Urbanecm; owner: Urbanecm):
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Add 2 namespace aliases to bdwikimedia

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/435694

Patches prepared. I'll find a SWAT window and deploy those patches in this window in the week of May 28.

Patches prepared. I'll find a SWAT window and deploy those patches in this window in the week of May 28.

Great :)

I've scheduled this to be deployed tomorrow, between 13:00 and 14:00 UTC.

Change 435693 merged by jenkins-bot:
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Create 2 extra namespaces for bdwikimedia

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/435693

Change 435694 merged by jenkins-bot:
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Add 2 namespace aliases to bdwikimedia

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/435694

Urbanecm updated the task description. (Show Details)May 29 2018, 1:44 PM

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-05-29T13:47:38Z] <zfilipin@tin> Synchronized wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php: SWAT: [[gerrit:435693|Create 2 extra namespaces for bdwikimedia (T195700)]] (duration: 01m 39s)

zfilipin@terbium:~$ mwscript namespaceDupes.php bdwikimedia
0 pages to fix, 0 were resolvable.

0 links to fix, 0 were resolvable.

Looks good!
Urbanecm closed this task as Resolved.May 29 2018, 1:52 PM

Deployed. Should anything be broken, reopen and comment.

Vvjjkkii renamed this task from Create new namespace for bd.wikimedia.org to 76baaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:08 AM
Vvjjkkii reopened this task as Open.
Vvjjkkii removed Urbanecm as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii raised the priority of this task from Normal to High.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Vvjjkkii edited subscribers, added: Urbanecm; removed: gerritbot, Aklapper.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Dereckson. · View Herald TranscriptJul 1 2018, 1:08 AM
CommunityTechBot renamed this task from 76baaaaaaa to Create new namespace for bd.wikimedia.org.Jul 2 2018, 3:46 AM
CommunityTechBot closed this task as Resolved.
CommunityTechBot assigned this task to Urbanecm.
CommunityTechBot lowered the priority of this task from High to Normal.
CommunityTechBot updated the task description. (Show Details)
CommunityTechBot edited subscribers, added: gerritbot, Aklapper; removed: Urbanecm, Dereckson.