- Decouple execution from output
- Partial patch for this exists at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/software/cumin/+/451080
- Better store of execution results and exposition of those - api for the output of commands
- TBD how to do this in a transport neutral way
- Collect output into msgtree of our own when using async (group output by command and node similar to sync output)
- Investigate if this is a reasonable thing to do given the MsgTree object and available hooks in clustershell.
Opening the task to track and fix the long-known limitation in Cumin that doesn't allow to easily suppress the executed commands' output and/or progress bars.
They should ideally be suppressed independently and or redirected to an optional file-like object.