Investigation shows that they are delivering power to both sides, so it isn't an urgent enough issue to troubleshoot on a Friday. Instead, I'll (@RobH) will go onsite next Monday and troubleshoot.
The external reset button wipes the config, which seems worse than just reseating the NIC to powercycle the mgmt interface. However, either solution should allow for Traffic to be aware of the work in advance.
Summary of work:
- confirmed in docs that the pro2 will indeed allow hot swap of its network card (the older pro1 will not)
- scheduled work with @BBlack for Traffic cooperation (no impact expected)
- unplugged all data/serial/link/temp cables from the network card (which houses the mgmt interface) and unseated it
- re-seated the NIC, repowering the mgmt interface
- plugged back in all serial/network/data and tested all connections for both ps1-22-ulsfo and ps1-23-ulsfo