Help Desk Location: Outside Room 308
Group coordinator is: @Kenrick95
This task involves gathering ideas and updates from a group of volunteers who have generously dedicated their time to assist at the help desk during the Wikimania Hackathon 2023 in Singapore.
Please use this task for any questions or discussions about the help desk!
- Help address general inquiries about the Hackathon, foster connections among attendees, and offering technical assistance across different areas and projects.
- Assist in welcoming and supporting participants as well as guiding them to the appropriate sessions based on their interests and skill levels.
- Be active in the Wikimania Hackathon 2023 Volunteers Telegram channel dedicated to volunteers and (when needed) participate in in-person syncs at the beginning of each day during the Hackathon.
- Be a point of contact for the volunteer group and lead coordination efforts!
- Reach out to potential volunteers informing them about their roles and responsibilities and asking them to subscribe to this Phabricator task to stay up to date.
- Invite volunteers to join the Wikimania Hackathon 2023 Volunteers channel on Telegram.
- Sync up with volunteers of your group at the beginning of each day during the event and provide the necessary support to volunteers & organizers.
- After the event, ensure no volunteering-related task remains to be resolved on Phabricator. Send a thank you message to volunteers.
- Encourage volunteers to sign up via the spreadsheet.
How to Sign up as Volunteer
- Subscribe to this task
- Put your name in two time slots in this Google Sheet (one as "1st choice", the other one as "2nd choice") (no longer accepting edits)
- Documentation **