= Project Information
* Name of tool/project: Wikispeech
* Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wikispeech
* Name of team requesting review: #wmse
* Primary contact: @Sebastian_Berlin-WMSE
* Target date for deployment (on beta cluster): The sooner the better
* Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/mediawiki/extensions/Wikispeech
== Description of the tool/project
Allows automatic reading aloud of article content, for the supported languages (ar, en, sv).
== Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
Presently the goal is to push it to the beta cluster for testing and exploration, then we'll hopefully push it (as a beta feature) to `ar.`, `en.`, `sv.wikipedia`.
External TTS service, currently running at http://wikispeech-tts.wmflabs.org/.
Github repos: https://github.com/stts-se/wikispeech_mockup, https://github.com/stts-se/pronlexerrit repos: [[https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/q/filter:mediawiki%252Fservices%252Fwikispeech%252F | mediawiki/services/wikispeech/* ]].
== Has this project been reviewed before? ==
CR internally by @Lokal_Profil and, @Sebastian_Berlin-WMSE and @kalle .
== Working test environment ==
Demo wiki: https://wikispeech.wmflabs.org/
Installation instructions: Use vagrant puppet role `wikispeech`.