- Name of tool/project: Wikispeech
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wikispeech
- Name of team requesting review: WMSE
- Primary contact: @Sebastian_Berlin-WMSE
- Target date for deployment (on beta cluster): The sooner the better
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/mediawiki/extensions/Wikispeech/+/refs/heads/REW_0.1.8
Description of the tool/project
Allows automatic reading aloud of article content, for the supported languages (ar, en, sv).
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
Presently the goal is to push it to the beta cluster for testing and exploration, then we'll hopefully push it (as a beta feature) to ar., en., sv.wikipedia.
- Mishkal is a Python 2.7-service. Python 3.8 version is available, but only 3.7 is supported by the WMF base Docker images. Will probably have to wait for the release of Debian Bullseye or build our own Docker image without using Blubber in order to get passed this.
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
Demo wiki: https://wikispeech.wmflabs.org/
Installation instructions: Use vagrant puppet role wikispeech.