As part of the system to communicate errors and warnings in Content Translation (T189488), we want to surface issues such as the title containing invalid characters as illustrated below:
- We'll show the error after the user edited the title ( or initially if the user already loads a translation with such problem).
- The publish button will be disabled while the issue remains.
- An error marker will be shown next to the title.
- The problematic characters will be highlighted when the input focus is on the title.
- The error details will include a "learn more" pointing to [[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Page_name | a documentation page about titles ]] (if available in the language),
- A "Remove invalid characters" action will remove the problematic characters, helping the title to become valid (unless other issues are present)
> **Your translation title contains invalid characters**
> Some characters cannot be used in the title of pages for technical reasons.
> Please, edit the title to avoid the problematic characters.
Currently, editors trying to publish a translation with an invalid title get the following message: