In order to test if it's worth trying a reverse field to display more and better suggestion here is a method based on Trey's idea to limit the test to only a subset of the data needed for the suggester to run.
The big picture is :
- Dump data from production (title and redirect)
- Build an elasticsearch index in lab
- Run a set of "phrase suggester" queries extracted from search logs against this index
- Count and measure the results
This task is marked as EPIC because it needs prior work :
- Add an option to filter a subset of fields to dumpIndex
- Write a small script that runs phrase suggester queries
If this task is validated I think it will be a nice method to test further enhancements we plan to make to "Did you mean" suggestions.