A PDF file created by bookcmd=render_article&writer=rdf2latex contains a lot of errors. This task replaces T121349 detail #4.
Formulas that are too wide go beyond the text area and are cut off (in column 2) or overwritten by other text (in column 1). That's a direct effect caused by the two-columns text area by default. It's urgently requested to ask the user whether he wants one or two columns (as well as for collections).
Look at error #4 on pages 2 ff. in appendix 2.
How to check the problem
- MathML in user preferences / appearance.
- de-Wikibooks chapter "Komplexe_Zahlen/_Darstellungsformen" - the requested page (Internet Explorer 11 isn't able to show correct formulas using MathML)
- Use Print/Preview/Print of the browser (here: Firefox 42.0) - every part of the page is printed correctly (IE isn't able to show any formulas)
- Use Special:Book render_article rdf2latex and store the created pdf file.
- Appendix 1 F3079535 is the created pdf file without any change.
- Appendix 2 F3079554 shows the error described above.
More errors are described in other tasks. (In appendix 2 there are additional faults caused by convertion to OpenOfficeGraph odg but irrelevant to MediaWiki problems.)