- [Leila] Introductory call (2016-08-06)
- [Johnattan] Getting the official list of monuments
- [Romaine] working with Johnattan to transfer the lists to Wikipedia and create the templates
Two lists have been obtained from the government. Only one have geocode, but Johnattan thinks maybe the export didn't go through properly. This is the original source of this data:
And link to spread sheets:
Here a link to a etherpad where Peru puts any link or relevant data to share:
Great row template!
I notice that the header in the example is not yet a template. We think it is needed to also create a header template for the lists of Peru. You can just copy the wikicode of the header and add it to a template. If no header template is used, some problems will occur.
Can you create a header template and use it there and with all the monument lists of Peru?
Here is the header templete:
And, we are working in distribution of monuments in wikipedia but the last proposal was deleted by other user:
Here the category Monuments of Perú:
The next step is to get to know why these lists have been deleted, as the edit summary is insuffient information:
I wrote a message here:
Recommended is if someone translates it to Spanish.
Second it would be good to ask a native Spanish speaker and experience user on es-wiki to look at this.
The deleting user provides insufficient reasonging in the deletion summary.
The deletion user/anyone has not commented on the talk page of the creator of these lists what is wrong. On the talk page of the deleting user is no message about this subject. The delting user is not commenting anywhere on a deletion request for these lists. And these lists are not linekd from anywhere, also not from a deletion request.
As no valid reasoning is given in the summary and no deletion request has been filed, this seems like not authorised deleting....
Looking at the pages, they look like drafts. They have a header and footer, but on the few pages that I checked, the lists are empty.
I can restore them, but will anyone actually fill them?
@Txolo are you working on creating the tables? I see that the lists in https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016_in_Peru don't link to the tables.
Also, there is a "Contest is over" on the wlm-pe upload wizard campaign on that page. @Romaine is this something you can fix?
@Txolo , I have two feedback for you:
- The monument tables are not easily discover-able from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2016_in_Peru . You can consider making them more visible/prominent in that page. For example, you can play with it in Step 1 in "Como participar". You can tell the participants that the first step is to find the monuments that are close by to them using the lists (and link to the lists).
- You can consider adding an "Upload" column to tables such as https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Zonas_Monumentales_de_Per%C3%BA . Currently, if someone goes to the table, by seeing some monuments with a photo, he/she may get the impression that there is no need/way for him/her to upload another photo of that monument, while you want to have as many photos uploaded as possible, for each monument. I suggest you add an Upload column to all your tables, or add an upload link under the uploaded images. For an example, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monuments_of_National_Importance_in_Andhra_Pradesh