As part of labstore migration we are going to move maps off of labstore1001 to labstore1003 where it will live alongside scratch and dumps.
Maps migration details
The /data/project/maps NFS share is undergoing maintenance, starting 9 AM PST (16:00 GMT) and will be unavailable for a short window on 10/19/2016.
Post maintenance, there will be a change in the process for having /data/project/maps available to new instances added in future to the maps project. When a new instance is created, please notify the Labs team, ideally by making a phabricator ticket tagging project Labs, and we will have to make a small change to production puppet config, to have the share available on the new instance. Note that this is specific to maps and does not apply to existing instances.
- Define maps as a labstore1003 mount [DONE]
- Mount maps from labstore1003 and 1001 - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/316482/
- Remove the mount from 1001 (Removing defn from nfs-mount.yaml)
- Snapshot and latest sync of the maps share
- Symlink mount path - /mnt/nfs/labstore1003-maps/project to /data/project and /mnt/nfs/labstore1003-maps/home to /home on maps - Running puppet should bring back the share
- labstore::fileserver::replicate - Move to misc.pp