Mira has had a failed nic, and as the nic is onboard to the mainboard, it is a failing mainboard. The system is out of warranty, and has been replaced fully by naos in T162900.
This checklist, copied from server lifecycle page (also edited to add some deployment server specific items)
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/353116/
- - any service group puppet/heira/dsh config removed - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/353116/
- - remove site.pp (replace with role::spare if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.) - system will be SHUTDOWN immediately @RobH submitting the patchset) - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/353116/
- - dba task T164968 created for mira's grant removal for being deployment system
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare) - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/353116/
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal) asw-b-codfw:ge-5/0/13
- - remove production dns entries https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/353131/
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate, salt key removed
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - mgmt dns entries removed.